Wednesday, December 14, 2011

The Good, The Bad

The good........


Jonquil isn't afraid of the vacuum.


The Bad........

 I think she likes it a little too much.








Let me explain. I have this belief that you slowly expose a new puppy to the hair blow drier and the vacuum. I like to start the dog in their kennel in another room. Then over a few exposures I move their kennel in the room that the vacuum is in use. Next they stay on a tie down and so on and so on. 

Well Jonquil has been through all of that. And I've got to tell you, I know she isn't afraid of the vacuum. Not even a little. In fact she thinks it is FUN. It is a play thing, a companion. I don't know why in the world she loves it so much, but as soon as I turn on the vacuum she runs up and bounces all around. While the vacuum is still running, I make her walk back to her bed and do a down stay. She stays. If I stop the vacuum for some reason and start it back up she does it all over again. In fact, today she ran and brought the kong back to it, you know just in case the vacuum wanted to play with the Kong. Apparently it didn't, so she took to just laying near the vacuum and chewing on her Kong alone instead.

Needless to say, we are working on it.

1 comment:

Jess and Glacier said...

LOL Too funny. My husband's guide dog likes to be vaccuumed. So, perhaps being friends with the vaccuum is a good omen?

Hello There!

I along with Jarett have raised 6 guide dog pups. We are currently raising pup # 7. These are our stories, our adventures, our experiences. Please follow us and watch our pups grow into their paws and from jacket into harness. Feel free to leave a comment. We enjoy hearing what you have to say.