Friday, September 23, 2011

Wait.... What?.... Okay

Well, I have some exciting developing news today! Two weekends ago I turned in my PPQ. It is the form you fill out to raise a puppy from Guide Dogs for the Blind.

That Monday, I got an email asking if I was ready to take a pup that upcoming weekend. I said no, trying to be patient, but then on Wednesday I received an email from our CFR asking if Jarett and I could take a pup, seeing as they had a few that were reaching 11 weeks old and need to be placed in a home.

I have been trying to resist. I think I have even mentioned it was getting hard to turn down, but I was becoming weaker and weaker with every passing group outing/meeting.

After setting up a few things and finally getting to a decision today, we said,"Yes! We could even pick up a pup this weekend."

So to get you up to date, we are getting little Miss "J". Her parents are Cathy and McKinley and she was born on July 10th. Jarett and I couldn't decide on a black lab or yellow lab, so I told our leader to surprise us, which I think is funny because she took that to heart and didn't tell us the color, even once we were assigned a puppy. So when we arrive at GD's campus tomorrow, we will find out the complete identity of our new little member!

I am not really going to make a contest out of this, but if you would like to take a few guesses on color and name, go for it because your guess is as good as mine.

Oh and one more little detail..... Cava's (YLF) raisers are picking up little "J"'s sister.

5 comments:

Belle and Dozer said...

Julie!
Jewel!
Those are the only "J" names I can think of... Good luck with the new pup!

Raiser Erin said...

Jesmund! Joley, Julia, Jacqueline, Jeepers, Jinkies, Jossa, and Jilly :)

Carrie's Raiser said...

McKinley was raised in our group! We have one of his pups in our group now and he is the calmest little thing :)
Good luck with miss. J.
Sydney, Carrie, and Hanalei

C and H said...

I've got her! And can I just say that I don't think there was a chance for anyone to actually guess this name. haha.

Carrie's raiser, is the McKinley pup a "J" pup by chance? If so, what is his name?

Do you have any additional information on McKinley? Was he calm? Big? Color? Anything that stood out to you while he was a pup in training would be interesting.

Oh and how is Hanalei? Did you end up taking her back? Sorry, I can't remember right off the top of my head.

Carrie's Raiser said...

He was not a J puppy. His name is Loomis and he is very light in color as well.
McKinley was complete goof growing up! He was very well behaved but sometimes forgot his brain and when that happened you just weren't going to get much out of him haha!
He was a big boy too I think around 75-80lbs. He started out light and darkened as he got older. He was known for his "squeaking" throughout his life but his pup in our group only cries occasionally.
Thanks for asking about Hanalei as well! She's doing great and is in training to be a service dog now :)

Good luck with miss jonquil!

Hello There!

I along with Jarett have raised 6 guide dog pups. We are currently raising pup # 7. These are our stories, our adventures, our experiences. Please follow us and watch our pups grow into their paws and from jacket into harness. Feel free to leave a comment. We enjoy hearing what you have to say.