Monday, September 26, 2011

How We're Doing with Jonquil


Let's get straight to the point, Jonquil has some attitude. She has an opinion and she WILL let you know. I know better than to give her attention when she is having a fit, but she still has a way of getting her point accross. Lol. (Oh and I don't mean she whines, she barks.)





On the other hand (and I say this with hesitation, because things have a way of coming around and biting you right in the butt) she has done amazingly in her crate.




On the first day home, Jarett worked with her for about an hour playing and introducing her to the kennel. Jonquil blew us out of the water with how much she likes and accepts her crate! Now, I say this with only two nights under our belts and I am well aware that I have some battles in the days ahead, but she slept through both nights, only whining around 4-5 a.m. to go outside to "do her business". Today she actually self crated many times. 







Jonquil is already picking up that the side yard means business, so instead of trying to play around she gets straight to it. In the potty training department, it helps that she is already 11 weeks old.


I don't know what to do to keep this puppy busy! She gets bored of her toys quickly and wants one on one attention all the time. I am trying to give her enough attention, but I am also trying to make her figure out how to entertain herself. It doesn't help that Tenaya and Carla want nothing to do with her. It was all fun the first day but they are so OoooVer IT!


We have already conquered walking up and down the stairs, they are no problem now. Walking on a leash is so much better, Jonquil understands that we are going somewhere so there isn't much of a protest.

Jonquil is a little sensitive to noise. I want to make it clear that she isn't scared just notices common noises. Seems to me that she is getting use to them already.

So far I think that her favorite toy is her leash. I don't think that I have ever had a puppy in the past that is so insistent on chewing their leash.

It is almost time to put her to bed. Let's see how tonight goes.


1 comment:

browndogcbr said...

Hi Y'all,

Real life has made me late letting you know that you've gotten an award. Saw you'd been by. Hope y'all picked up the award.

Those pictures of her in the crate are so cute. :)

Y'all come back now,
Hawk aka BrownDog

Hello There!

I along with Jarett have raised 6 guide dog pups. We are currently raising pup # 7. These are our stories, our adventures, our experiences. Please follow us and watch our pups grow into their paws and from jacket into harness. Feel free to leave a comment. We enjoy hearing what you have to say.