We released Tenaya to be placed into a Community Placement but unfortunately our CFR just received word today that she would not be accepted with her hip dysplasia. I kept thinking it was odd that they would place a dog with hip dysplasia but was willing to see where that lead. I would take her back in a heart beat but where we stand now our living situation is not where we want it to be. I told Jarett when we released Tenaya that if by chance she didn't make it I was done and I was taking her back, but reality set in today. I have a few phone calls to make. I have more research for how to care for a dog with hip issues. I have to see if she can work as a therapy dog with hip dysplasia. If that IS a possibility then we may be able to take her back if not...... I have a few people that may take her. Nothing is for sure.
So now moving on to the third time having to give my dog away, I am getting worn out. Wait I am supposed to stay optimistic but I keep thinking of when I called her Lady she would run over head low tail wagging, so happy to be getting some attention. The way she knew I was upset and would walk up, sit right by my side and give me her sweet eyes and happy grunts. Then I look down to my side and see Halette and can't help but think of the "what ifs" with her. What if Halette doesn't make it? Where will she end up? Can I take her? Then I can't raise these dogs any longer.
This is not easy.