Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Halette Christmas Tree Adventure!

We were a little late in picking our Christmas tree this year. Last week we took Halette (finally) to go pick out our tree. We were pretty limited due to the procrastination, but we waited long enough for the trees to go on sale! Ha, so we got an upgrade and bought a Noble Fir. Halette has shown us that her breed holds true to being durable to cold, wet weather and her love of birds. It was quite cold and started to rain when we finally agreed to a tree and we took the time to take some photos.

Halette in front of a potential tree. (Not the one we came home with)

Jarett and Halette pose in front of another potential tree.

Me and Halette posing for a photo. This is where I noticed that she has a passion for birds in the sky. I haven't encountered it and we noticed that while Jarett takes her to school 3 to 5 times a week, Halette is not exposed to many birds. (Our other dogs, excluding Halette, grew up with chickens and goats.)

I was playing with Halette to get her attention. I try to add my sense of humor when I am somewhat frustrated at a situation. I think I was shushing her here like a baby in this photo.

And Voila, finally she was looking at Jarett and then at the last second looking back up at the birds. I make it sound more dramatic than it is.

Brought the tree home and set it up. Carla was first to pose in front of the tree. She looks a little worried in this photo. I have no idea why, but she loved the tree. Carla was so happy, I think she remembered the tree from last year. She was jumping up, wagging her tail and giving the tree her little love nibbles.

Carla and Tenaya sitting in front of the tree. I know it looks a mess but please remember we live in a tiny little space so it is a living room and bedroom and office (and well you get the point) all in one.

Carla, Halette and Tenaya all in front of the tree.

The lighting was off on this one. I think maybe I will work on it and maybe repost it.

Halette and Carla in front of the Christmas tree.

Halette with her jacket on sitting in front of the tree with her ear flipped back.

Everyones interest has quieted, all except our cat Yiddu, but that is for another post. Carla could care less now that her initial excitement is gone. Tenaya hasn't cared too much, unlike last year when her head never came out of the tree (she never ate it or anything, she just wanted to smell it ALLLLLLL the time). Halette occasionally goes over to smell around, but has shown me that there is not too much to worry about with her. Soon it is time for the tree to come down. I think it has been a good experience for all the dogs.

No comments:

Hello There!

I along with Jarett have raised 6 guide dog pups. We are currently raising pup # 7. These are our stories, our adventures, our experiences. Please follow us and watch our pups grow into their paws and from jacket into harness. Feel free to leave a comment. We enjoy hearing what you have to say.