Monday, December 13, 2010

Growing Up


Last month Halette turned eight months old. She has grown into quite an uncontrollably cute young lab, and by that I mean her cuteness is uncontrollable. Because of our situation we may not be able to raise another guide dog pup for a while after Halette leaves. Plus I think we have decided that if she doesn't make it, we are taking her back. Due to the possiblity of not being able to raise another pup for some time, I have held off switching her from her puppy collar to her adult "professional" collar. I have tried to hold onto her puppyness for as long as I could but I did it, I switched her over to her big-girl collar. The first day Jarett took her to school with him, people noticed that she looked more grown up. I didn't have the right camera for the event so the delay was bad and the photos are not the best.


Halette with her baby collar on.

Halette with her baby collar off and laying acrossed her feet.

Halette avioding the flash and her big collar is on!

Here is a side shot.

And there we have it. It is done and there is no going back.


2 comments:

Elijah and Dembre said...

What a pretty girl :D Dembre is growing into a good looking black lab too! I love black labs :D

Lisa, Ellie and Hosta said...

She is a very pretty girl!

Hello There!

I along with Jarett have raised 6 guide dog pups. We are currently raising pup # 7. These are our stories, our adventures, our experiences. Please follow us and watch our pups grow into their paws and from jacket into harness. Feel free to leave a comment. We enjoy hearing what you have to say.