Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Tenaya's Recall

I got the official word yesterday that Tenaya will be leaving me and returning to the GDB campus in the August 14-15th recall date. At tomorrow's training meeting we will have a little goodbye celebration for her and Tyka, another pup who was recalled as well.
I had to explain this to my 6 year old nephew. He is my little dog whisper. He wanted to know why Tenaya has to leave. I explained how she needed to go to college to learn how to do her job. It is funny how they forget that this happens every time. Luckily they all took it well.

7 comments:

Raiser Erin said...

It seems that a lot of puppies are on this recall. I hope you're taking it ok.

Megan, Picassa & Paris said...

Good luck to Tenaya, it always comes too soon!

Heather and Ellie said...

I hope you do well in college, Tenaya!

Maddie, Betsy, and Jorinda said...

Sure to give Betsy a big puppy kiss Tenaya! Maybe you guys will be in the same string!

Raiser Erin said...

This is a reply to your question about Follow a Trainer. You email Sharon Kret to reserve a spot. I think it's only like 10 people per group and they have 4 or 5 groups per session.

It was good to "meet" you too! I think Lance and Tenaya look a lot a like.

Lauren and Don said...

Good luck to Tenaya! I hope everything goes well :)

Kari in WeHo said...

Good Luck to Tenaya! She is on to bigger and better things!

don't forget, we moved to dogisgodinreverse.com

Hello There!

I along with Jarett have raised 6 guide dog pups. We are currently raising pup # 7. These are our stories, our adventures, our experiences. Please follow us and watch our pups grow into their paws and from jacket into harness. Feel free to leave a comment. We enjoy hearing what you have to say.