Saturday, August 14, 2010

Quick Update on the Tenaya and Halette


Just a quick update on the girls. Tenaya has not been sick while up at Guide dogs so one step forward, but has been a little sensitive there so she has a human buddy to be with at all times. I have never had this with my other dogs but was reassured that this seems to be something that some goldens need. I don't know if I will really hear any more on her other then phases and what not. SO....
Halette stomach has been holding its own. She is on a bland diet and is being slowly transitioned back to her normal diet. The vet wants to keep her through the weekend so we will know more on her Monday.

On another note Carla seems to be enjoying this whole being the baby thing.


4 comments:

Raiser Erin said...

Rocco had some stomach problems when he first arrived. He had diarrhea and was throwing up constantly. Every night at 11:54 at night he would throw up bile. He was on Science Diet ID for forever and he lost soooo much weight because then he was only on cottege cheese and rice. But that made him throw up too because there wasn't enough in his stomach. We figured that he would throw up because his stomach was empty so I have to feed him at 7:00 at night so his stomach is full while he is sleeping. He was also on Pepsid AC for pretty much the entire time I've had him. He was just transistioned off all medicine and isn't throwing up anymore! Anyway, I think a lot of puppies are going home with tummy problems. His brother Rocky and his sister Romy have the same problem.

Kari in WeHo said...

Haha she sure is enjoying being the only pup!

Don't forget, we moved to http://dogisgodinreverse.com/

Elizabeth said...

I do think Goldens tend to be on the 'sensitive' side at times. Great photos by the way...

Elizabeth & Luna

Lauren and Don said...

I'm so glad to hear that everything is alright! Carla looks like such a sweet girl. I've heard the goldens tend to me more sensitive, too. Great photos, as always!

Hello There!

I along with Jarett have raised 6 guide dog pups. We are currently raising pup # 7. These are our stories, our adventures, our experiences. Please follow us and watch our pups grow into their paws and from jacket into harness. Feel free to leave a comment. We enjoy hearing what you have to say.