Friday, August 20, 2010

Look Who's Back, Back Again

We got a call last night that Halette was ready for pick up. So we scheduled to pick her up today at two. TRAFFIC WAS SOOOOOO BAD. I think we saw two major wreaks with flipped cars and stretchers and at least 3-4 minor crashes plus construction. So needless to say, it was a loooooong day with a lot of driving.

Halette settled back in right away. You may be wondering who that yellow butt is......

Halette

Halette

Tenaya?


Nope it is Laser. We are puppy sitting him for the weekend. Here he is waiting to be fed.

I think we can say he is a CRAZy for his food.

We have been keeping him pretty busy today since we picked him up. Tomorrow we are taking Halette and Laser bowling with our puppy raising club. Carla (our great dane) is a little unsure about him since he likes to bark when he plays. She is fine but when Laser barks she looks at me like he wasn't supposed to do that, I don't like it mama.

Laser enticing Halette to play.

And... it worked.

Halette defending herself

Snapper.

Some vicious guide dog pups we have here. Oh yeah.

I only joke because every once in a while we get someone who does not like the gentle leader or who thinks the dog is vicious while wearing it. We got that today. Not too bad, they were just asking if the dogs were nice. But off to the side I heard them saying "Look he has one of those mouth things." Eh, no he could still bite you but..... he never would. (I didn't say that, just thought it.) Halette is so good on her flat collar and we were told to use the gentle leader with Laser because he is a strong willed dog. Now, I'm not in love with the head collar but we are told to use it with every dog. They need to be used to it when they go back to GD's so we do use it every once in a while.

Anyway, we are so happy to have our little crazy baby back. I was worried that we missed too much of her puppyhood but she didn't grow as much as I thought. I didn't realize how much I really missed her until we had her back.

5 comments:

Natalie said...

Laser looks just like Bob! lol I wish we were allowed to use head collars... Bob pulls so hard sometimes... its not really a constant pull just one of those OMG I saw something what is it!?!?! However it happens quite frequently... oh well - just gotta keep working!

ChrisAnna said...

They really really do work. I can't believe they don't let you use them. There must be a good reason. Some dogs just have to have their noses to the ground or can't look straight. I know if we are in a store with very breakable things, a head collar can be my best friend. Your right Bob and Laser do look a lot alike and they seem to have this same curiosity.

CD McLean said...

Laser has a lot of personality! Has that Elvis lip thing going. ;-) Glad Halette is back.

Kari in WeHo said...

Welcome home! We are glad to see you feeling better :)


Don't forget, we moved to http://dogisgodinreverse.com/

Raiser Erin said...

I'm so happy Halette is back with you guys!

Hello There!

I along with Jarett have raised 6 guide dog pups. We are currently raising pup # 7. These are our stories, our adventures, our experiences. Please follow us and watch our pups grow into their paws and from jacket into harness. Feel free to leave a comment. We enjoy hearing what you have to say.